A client needed a vinyl sticker for there new shop. But wanted to apply the vinyl sticker them self Vinyl decals like small text is easy to apply, but applying a 1x2m vinyl sticker is not everyone’s job. So my client asked met to give them a step by step how to. So I went on a search to find a website that can help my client. But with no result satisfying me, I decide to write a steps by step on the application of the sticker.
Below is the how to on applying the vinyl sticker to a cromadeck board.
Before you get started
- The surface must be smooth and clean.
- Do not stretch the vinyl during application
- The design must be rubbed down thoroughly with a squeegee before and after application. ( A plastic ruler can also be used)
- Do not touch the sticky side of the vinyl with your fingers, the natural oils can affect the stickiness and the decal could lift from the board if you do.
- For large vinyl spray the board with water from a spray bottle to dampen before you apply the decals. This will prevent air bubbles and allow you to move the pieces until you are happy with the application.
Applying the vinyl
- Start by spraying the board with water to dampen the board.
- Start with one corner and loosen the corner of backing paper from sticker.
- Apply sticker corner to board and with ruler/ squeegee rub sticker in place.
- One person pulls the backing paper from the sticker will a second person rub the sticker into place with the ruler/squeegee.
- After application rub out any visible bubbles.